Nikolas K. Gvosdev is a professor of national security studies at the U.S. Naval War College.
He was the Editor of The National Interest magazine and a Senior Fellow of Strategic Studies at The Nixon Center in Washington, DC. He is currently a senior editor at The National Interest.
Gvosdev is a frequent commentator on U.S. foreign policy and international relations, Russian and Eurasian affairs, and developments in the Middle East.
He received his doctorate from Oxford University, where he studied on a Rhodes Scholarship. Gvosdev is the author of six books, most recently the co-author of The Receding Shadow of the Prophet: The Rise and Fall of Political Islam.
He is also an adjunct professor at Georgetown University.
- What Should be the Next Phase in U.S.-Russia Relations?
- Rise of the Rest IV: Critical Regions in Crisis
- Rise of the Rest III: Climate Change, Energy, and Global Governance after the Financial Crisis
- The Rise of the Rest II: How the Ascent of Russia and China Affects Global Business and Security
- Ukraine, The Great Powers, Budapest, and "Astheneia"
- The Ethics of Avoiding Conflict with China
- Global System
- ROUNDTABLE: The Nation-State
- Revisiting Iran?
Last Updated: Apr 05, 2011