- America Needs Unity on China
The National Interest | Joshua Eisenman, Devin T. Stewart | 05/13/2019
Washington cannot afford to let rival powers divide America along partisan lines, writes Senior Fellow Devin Stewart and Global Ethics Fellow Alumnus Joshua Eisenman for "Tbe National Interest."
- How the Census Changed America
The New Yorker | Ted Widmer | 05/01/2019
The simple act of enumeration created data processing, led to the establishment of the National Archives, and rooted a rootless people, writes Carnegie-Uehiro Fellow Ted Widmer for "The New Yorker."
- Netanyahu’s Far-Right Partners Were Birthed by U.S. Terrorists
Foreign Policy | Zach Dorfman | 04/08/2019
Senior Fellow Zach Dorfman writes for "Foreign Policy" about a Brooklyn-born militant's connections to the Netanyahu administration in Israel.
- The hate speech threat to the 2020 election
Frontier Myanmar | Hunter Marston | 04/06/2019
Online hate speech and fake news in the run-up to the next general election will make 2020 a dangerous year for Myanmar, writes Carnegie New Leader Hunter Martson for "Frontier Myanmar."
- I Love Tokyo! A Professor Explores Nishi-Ogikubo
NHK World-Japan | James Farrer | 04/03/2019
Pacific Fellow James Farrer appears in an NHK World-Japan television segment about the town of Nishi-Ogikubo and his research of neighbhorhood micro-culture.
- ITT Special Report: Women in Power
In The Thick | 03/29/2019
The "In the Thick" podcast reports on a Carnegie New Leaders panel, co-organized by the Metro New York chapter of UN Women, on what the future of politics looks like for women of color, and where New York City falls short/
- As Trump escalates rhetoric, Iran's wartime preparations include terrorist attacks and assassinations
Yahoo! | Zach Dorfman | 03/18/2019
Senior Fellow Zach Dorfman writes for Yahoo News about Iran's covert strategies and how the reaction from the United States.
- US and Saudi Arabia block geoengineering governance push
Climate Home News | Janos Pasztor | 03/14/2019
C2G2 Executive Director Janos Pasztor is quoted in a "Climate Home News" article about the United States and Saudi Arabia failing to agree to a Swiss resolution, rasied at the UN Environment Assembly in Nairobi, to consider regulating technologies that aim to cool the planet.
- Germany's New Political Divide
The New York Times | Alexander Görlach | 03/06/2019
Senior Fellow Alexander Görlach writes for "The New York Times" about politics in Germany, as the Greens and the Liberals have gained in popularity, along with the rise in prominence of far right veiws.
- Trump's North Korea summit failed because he doesn't understand what Kim Jong Un really wants
NBC News | Jeffrey D. McCausland | 03/05/2019
Senior Fellow Jeff McCausland writes for NBC News that the Hanoi Summit failed because of Trump's negotiating strategies.
- Coherence and Comprehensiveness: An American Foreign Policy Imperative
Belfer Center | Philip Caruso | 03/01/2019
Philip Caruso, World War I fellow and Pacific delegate, co-authors a Belfer Center paper with David Petraeus about the need for American foreign policy to be coherent and comprehensive.
- The Soviets wanted to infiltrate the Reagan camp. So, the CIA recruited a businessman to bait them.
Yahoo! | Zach Dorfman | 02/22/2019
Senior Fellow Zach Dorfman writes in Yahoo News about a CIA plot to infilitrate a group of Soviet businessmen in the 1980s.