Russell Hardin (1940-2017) was professor of politics at New York University. He edited the journal Ethics (University of Chicago) for a decade and previously was a distinguished professor at both Stanford and NYU.
Hardin authored many books on ethics and social theory, published by the university presses of Oxford, Princeton, Johns Hopkins, and the University of Chicago. He was a Rhodes Scholar, a Guggenheim Fellow, and was been honored by the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences.
Last Updated: September 11, 2017
- Dmitri Esterhaats (Wings Press, April 2007)
- Trust (Polity Press, 2006)
- Indeterminacy and Society (Princeton University Press, 2003)
- Liberalism, Constitutionalism and Democracy (Oxford University Press, 1999)
- One for All: The Logic of Group Conflict (Princeton University Press, 1995)
- Morality within the Limits of Reason (University of Chicago Press, 1988)