Resources on this page are drawn from the Uehiro-Carnegie-Oxford Conference, "Global Warming: Environmental Ethics and Its Practice", which took place at Carnegie Council in New York in October 2015, with an international group of participants.
This group addressed the following questions:
- Is it possible to establish an environmental ethics to combat global warming?
- Are there any major differences in environmental philosophies between Eastern and Western thought?
- What are the key values that are necessary to make people recognize the importance of sustainability?
- How can ethics solve obstacles to prevention of global warming?
- What should be our role in helping to preserve sustainable environment?
- Is environmental education helpful for sustainability?