2013 International Student/Teacher Essay Contest: What Does Moral Leadership Mean to You?
July 11, 2013
Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs announces its fifth annual International Essay Contest, open to teachers and students anywhere in the world.
As part of Carnegie Council's Ethics for a Connected World project, we are asking thought leaders a series of questions about the greatest ethical challenges facing the planet. One of the questions is, What does moral leadership mean to you?
But the project would not be complete without input from students and teachers like you. What do you think? Please include examples of moral leadership worldwide, and/or from your local community and personal experience.
ESSAY TOPIC: What does moral leadership mean to you?
- Style: Op-ed style (not academic, footnoted papers)
- Length: 1,000 to 1,500 words
- Format: Word document, or email. English language entries only.
- Limit: One entry per person.
This competition is open to teachers and students of all nationalities.
All teachers, at whatever level, are eligible.
All students, from high school students through graduate students, are eligible. Non-students are automatically disqualified.
Collaborative essays between students and teachers are welcome.
Previous winners and honorable mentions are not eligible.
HOW TO ENTER:
1. Join the free Global Ethics Network (GEN) website: www.globalethicsnetwork.org.
2. Post your essay in the blog section and tag it with #leadershipcontest.
3. Please include the following:
* Your full name.
* The name of your school.
* Indicate whether you are a teacher or a student, and at what level (high school, undergraduate, postgraduate).
COMPETITION DEADLINE: December 31, 2013
1st prize: $250 Amazon Gift Certificate
2nd prize: $150 Amazon Gift Certificate
3rd prize: $75 Amazon Gift Certificate
All winners also receive a copy of Ethics & International Affairs: A Reader.
Any questions? Please contact Evan O'Neil at email@example.com.
For the the winning essays from 2012, click here.
FOR OUR OTHER INTERNATIONAL CONTESTS, CLICK HERE.