Founded in 1914 by Andrew Carnegie, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is a New York institution with global reach. For over 100 years, the Council has promoted voices for ethics in international relations, education, and policy. We convene leaders from business, government, and academia to develop practical, ethically based frameworks for issues on the technological and political frontier.
The Director of Programs and Engagement will oversee our expanding portfolio of impact initiatives in ethics in public policy. This position will work closely with the President to support the vision, goals, and strategy for increasing and diversifying the Council's portfolio on climate, bio tech, info tech, and global public policy.
As an integral member of the Council's senior management team, the Director of Programs and Engagement leads and manages short- and long-term tasks to develop and execute the work of each program initiative. The Director will coordinate with Senior Fellows to develop the intellectual agenda of each project and integrate with the Council's communications team, as well as the Ethics & International Affairs journal, Carnegie New Leaders Program, and virtual and public programming.
- Collaborate with the President and Senior Fellows to align programmatic work with the organization's priorities and ensure effective implementation.
- Lead and oversee the annual development of work plans, deliverables, and budgets, including qualitative and quantitative measurements of impact.
- Ensure that programs and projects are efficient and high-quality.
- Work jointly with Director of Development, Senior Fellows, and Council staff to identify and develop grant opportunities for new and existing programs.
- Assist in identifying and maintaining professional relationships with key constituents.
- Identify internal and external individuals/groups to attend and/or speak at public meetings or other events and maintain active relations with these individuals/groups.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- A strategic thinker with a focus on improving systems and coordinating efforts to reach the Council's strategic programmatic goals.
- Exceptional writing, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to convene and lead workshops, seminars, and public events.
- Demonstrated experience working with leaders across public, private, and civil society sectors.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a program director capacity or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Flexibility and a proven ability to innovate and find creative solutions to challenges.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Carnegie Council offers a competitive salary; three weeks' paid vacation per year plus additional sick and personal leave time; health, dental, and vision plans; a public transportation subsidy; and generous 401k contributions after one year of employment.
Please send your resume and cover letter, along with a short writing sample to Melissa Semeniuk at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title "Director of Programs and Engagement."
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. DUE TO THE EXPECTED HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.