Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is seeking a digital communications manager to lead social media strategy and execution for the Council and its Impact Initiatives across the areas of artificial intelligence, climate, migration, and foreign policy.
Responsibilities include working directly with the director of communications to develop a comprehensive digital strategy to promote Carnegie Council's existing content offerings (publications, podcasts, events, etc.), expand its online presence, and amplify thought leadership of the Council's president and senior fellows. Day to day, the position is expected to work closely with other members of the communications team to run the Council's social platforms (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram) and to collaborate directly with senior fellows to support the Council’s Impact Initiatives.
Qualified candidates will have a proven track record of building an organization's digital footprint, supporting executive profiling efforts, and executing on specific campaigns to raise awareness, engage influencers, and target constituents re: social good issues.
- Minimum five years of experience in digital communications;
- Previous communications agency experience and/or in-house experience at a non-profit, NGO, or socially conscious brand;
- High-level of knowledge and experience with YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram;
- Willingness to look around corners to identify emerging social media trends and opportunities for audience growth and engagement;
- Strong communication, writing, proofing, and time management skills;
- Experience and ability to work with social media planning and analysis tools, including Meltwater, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, and Cision;
- High-level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity;
- Interest in international affairs and emerging technologies;
- A mind for strategy and desire to execute on a daily basis;
- Ability to work diplomatically; accept and offer constructive feedback on tasks large and small;
- Comfortable working with online platforms, such as: Microsoft Office 365, including Outlook, Teams, and OneDrive;
- Knowledge of media landscape re: print, digital, and broadcast outlets
- Experience designing visuals/promotional materials for social media via Canva, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, or other design tools;
- Positive attitude and sense of humor;
- HTML experience a plus;
- Understanding of SEO strategy a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
Carnegie Council offers a competitive salary; three weeks’ paid vacation per year plus additional sick and personal leave time; health, dental, and vision plans; a public transportation subsidy; and generous 401k contributions after one year of employment.
- Position will be remote through Labor Day 2021 due to COVID-19.
- Ideal candidates will be located in the New York City or surrounding area, with the expectation to appear in the office (170 East 64th Street) beginning Fall 2021.
- Hybrid in-person and remote work arrangements will be considered.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kevin Maloney at email@example.com.