Founded in 1914 by Andrew Carnegie, Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs is a New York institution with global reach. For over 100 years, the Council has promoted voices for ethics in international relations education and policy. Carnegie Council's Development Department manages the organization's individual and institutional fundraising operations.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships, the Associate Director of Development plays a vital role in supporting the newly launched Leading with Ethics Campaign for Carnegie Council.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Writing proposals in support of campaign goals.
- Developing budgets for grants and generating all required reporting.
- Drafting annual appeal letters.
- Helping to identify and research prospects, including individual, foundation, and corporate.
- Maintaining prospect tracking and the activities calendar.
- Overseeing the stewardship program.
- Creating campaign materials.
- Providing support for fundraising/campaign events.
- Serving as in-house editor/writer on an "as needed" basis.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Three to five years fundraising experience
- Background and interest in ethics in international affairs.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Diplomacy with strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to complete projects in a timely manner without supervision.
- Familiar with funding sources
To apply: Please send your resume and cover letter, along with a short writing sample to Lyn Traverse at email@example.com with the subject title "Associate Director of Development Application."
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW.