Michael J. Smith is Thomas C. Sorensen professor of Political and Social Thought and director, Interdisciplinary Program in Political and Social Thought at the University of Virginia. Prior to this position, he was assistant professor of Government and Social Studies at Harvard University.
Smith received his Ph.D. in political science from Harvard University and his M. Phil from Oxford University. Recent publications include Realist Thought from Weber to Kissinger (Louisiana State University Press, 1987), as well as articles in various journals including Harvard International Review and Ethics & International Affairs. He is a founding member of the International Ethics Section of ISA, and is currently a member of its executive committee.
- Humanitarian Intervention: An Overview of the Ethical Issues [Abstract]
- Humanitarian Intervention: An Overview of the Ethical Issues [Excerpt]
- Growing Up With Just and Unjust Wars: An Appreciation [Abstract]
- American Realism and the New Global Realities: A Review Essay [Abstract]
- Ethics and Intervention [Abstract]
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2017