Kishore Mahbubani, diplomat and author, is dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and professor in the Practice of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore.
Mahbubani was in the Singapore foreign service from 1971 to 2004. He has been posted in Cambodia, Malaysia, and Washington D.C., and served two postings as Singapore ambassador to the UN.
Mahbubani has also served as president of the UN Security Council in January 2001 and May 2002. From 1993 to 1998 he was permanent secretary at the Foreign Ministry of Singapore. In 2004 he was appointed as dean of the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy at the National University of Singapore.
Selected Publications:Beyond the Age of Innocence: Rebuilding Trust Between America and the World (2005)
Can Asians Think? Understanding the Divide Between East and West (2002)
- The Great Convergence: Asia, the West, and the Logic of One World
- Thought Leader: Kishore Mahbubani
- Public Affairs: America in the 21st Century: A View from Asia
- The New Asian Hemisphere: The Irresistible Shift of Global Power to the East
- Beyond the Age of Innocence: Rebuilding Trust Between America and the World
- The UN Security Council: From the Cold War to the 21st Century
- Unilateralism and U.S. Foreign Policy
- Can Asians Think? Understanding the Divide Between East and West
Other Related Resources
Specialization:Diplomacy; international affairs; history; philosophy
Last Updated: Sep 17, 2012