Joy Gordon is a professor of philosophy at Fairfield University. Her work focuses on human rights and economic rights, particularly economic sanctions. Her writings have appeared in Harper’s Magazine, Le Monde Diplomatique, Yale Journal of Development and Human Rights Law, and The Nation.
She is the author of Invisible War: The United States and the Iraq Sanctions (Harvard University Press 2010).
- Smart Sanctions Revisited [Abstract]
- Spring 2006 Journal Issue, featuring a special section on "Justice After War," focusing on Iraq
- Accountability and Global Governance: The Case of Iraq [Abstract]
- A Peaceful, Silent, Deadly Remedy: The Ethics of Economic Sanctions [Abstract]
Last Updated: Sep 06, 2013
- Ethics & International Affairs (Publications)