Anthony F. Lang, Jr., is director of the Centre for Global Constitutionalism and senior lecturer in the School of International Relations at the University of St Andrews. His research focuses on international political theory, specifically humanitarian intervention, political responsibility, the just war tradition, punishment, and international rules.
Lang is the author of Agency and Ethics: The Politics of Military Intervention (2002) and Punishment, Justice, and International Relations: Ethics and Order after the Cold War (2008), and has edited or coedited several other volumes. His current work focuses on global constitutionalism, the role of judges in the Middle East, and the ethics of military force.
Hannah Arendt and International Relations (with John Williams, 2005)
Political Theory and International Relations: Hans J. Morgenthau on Aristotle’s The Politics, Editor (2004)
Ethics and the Future of Conflict, Editor, with Joel Rosenthal and Albert C. Pierce (2003)
Just Intervention (2003)
Agency and Ethics: The Politics of Military Intervention (2002)
- Syria: The Case for Punitive Intervention
- Egypt: Liberalism and Intervention
- The Politics of Punishing Terrorists [Full Text]
- Good Ideas Are From Anywhere
- Rules for Globalization's Unruliness
- Crime and Punishment: Holding States Accountable [Abstract]
- Democracy Cannot be Imposed by Force
- Aristotle on Democracy
- Between Anarchy and Society: Trusteeship and the Obligations of Power [Full Text]
- Scholars Renew Attempts to Explain Islamic Fundamentalism
- U.S. Foreign Policy in the Middle East: Ten Years after the Gulf War
- Evaluating the Preemptive Use of Force [Full Text]
- Justice after War
- Civilians and War: Dilemmas in Law and Morality
- The Catholic Church and American Foreign Policy
- Judaism: Power and Interpretation
- Global Governance and Genocide in Rwanda [Full Text]
- Milosevic in The Hague: Trial or Error?
- The Ethics of the "New War" in the Aftermath of 9/11
- Should States Apologize?
- Moral Dilemmas of U.S. Policy Toward Iraq
Last Updated: Sep 06, 2013