Zach Dorfman is associate editor of Carnegie Council's journal, Ethics & International Affairs.
He previously served as an editorial assistant at Tikkun Magazine, a bimonthly devoted to the intersection between progressive politics and religious life. He has an extensive background in research, aiding scholars at the University of Chicago and Stanford on projects related to election fraud and the global drug trade, respectively.
Dorfman received an MA (Hons.) in international relations from the University of Chicago, where he focused on the history and theory of sovereignty, and a BA (cum laude) from Skidmore College, where he double majored in philosophy and government.
"Slouching Towards Gautama: Toward a Buddhist Politics of Freedom," The Montréal Review, September 2011
- THE LIVING WAR: World War I in the 21st Century
- The Ottoman Road to War: Mustafa Aksakal on the Ottomans' Fateful Decision
- Cowboys and Kalashnikovs: Comparing the Mexican-American War to the Conflict in Ukraine
- Long Burn the Fire: On Political Order and Political Decay
- Mary Dudziak on Civil Liberties During WWI and Beyond
- A Clear and Present Danger: Why We Need the UN Security Council to Help Defeat ISIL
- "The Past is Another Country:" The Epic Battle for the Civil Rights Act
- The Long Shadow: David Reynolds on World War I
- Jingo Unchained: What World War I Wrought
- The Lost Promise of Patriotism: Jonathan Hansen on World War I (Part II)
- The Lost Promise of Patriotism: Jonathan Hansen on World War I (Part I)
- Ill Fares the Invisible Hand
- In Memoriam: Jean Bethke Elshtain (1941-2013)
- Thought Leader: David Cannadine
- Book Review: "The Undivided Past: Humanity Beyond Our Differences"
- Hard Questions for Humanitarians
- What We Talk About When We Talk About Isolationism
- The Varieties of Protest Experience: How Accountability Gaps Link the Arab Spring and Occupy Wall Street
- Tragedy, Then Farce: Israel, Palestine, the United States, and the UN Vote for Palestinian Statehood
- Blood Brothers
- Pursuing a "Syrian Strategy" for Arab-Israeli Peace
Last Updated: Jun 02, 2014