John Tessitore is Executive Editor of the Carnegie Council. He is responsible for overseeing all print and electronic communications, including the Council's journal, Ethics & International Affairs.
Mr. Tessitore has written and published extensively on topics ranging from Joseph Conrad, to U.N. peacekeeping, to the role of the media. He continues to write and to provide editing and communications services to a variety of clients, including the U.N. Office of Peacekeeping and the United Nations Development Programme.
John Tessitore began his career in academia, teaching English Literature at the State University of New York, Stony Brook. From 1980-1986 he was Communications Director and Editor-in-Chief at the Carnegie Council, serving as editor of WORLDVIEW, the Council's award-winning monthly magazine on U.S. foreign policy and international affairs.
Subsequently he became Executive Director of Communications for the United Nations Association-USA, where he worked for some 17 years, serving as editor of the Association's quarterly publication, The InterDependent, and working extensively with the national and international media, U.S. Mission to the U.N., and senior U.N. staff.
In 1995 he was Executive Producer of the documentary film, In Search of Peace: 50 Years of the U.S. in the UN, narrated by Paul Newman and shown on more than 600 Turner network stations nationwide.
- Interview with Thomas Weiss on Change and Continuity in Global Governance
- Philip Alston on a World Court for Human Rights
- Shefa Siegel on the Ethics of Mining
- Antonio Franceschet on the International Criminal Court
- Ian Hurd on International Law and Security
- Leif Wenar on Natural Resources and Clean Trade Policies
- Interview with John Tessitore, Editor of Ethics & International Affairs Journal
- EIA Interview: Mathias Risse on Justice and Common Ownership of the Earth
- Darrel Moellendorf on the Climate Change Negotiations in Copenhagen
- Michael Doyle on Nonintervention and the Responsibility to Protect
- Ann Florini on Global Governance
- Fiona Robinson on the Ethics of Care
- Alex Bellamy on the Responsibility to Protect
- Simon Dalby on Environmental Security
- Ethics & International Affairs Interviews
- Finding Our National Moral Compass on Syria
- War Reporting as NBA Playoffs
- The UN at 60: Still Misunderstood
Last Updated: Oct 19, 2009